The entire literature regarding the membership of the Council is discussed under this heading.
Any Paramedic holding the required qualification, with registration (may or may not from the Council) and who agrees with the objectives and the guidelines at the best of his knowledge, is considered an eligible candidate to be a member of the Council.
Any Paramedic who is not having any registration can get registered from the Council and receive a certificate to practice and become a member of the Council, in agreement with the objectives and the guidelines at the best of his knowledge.
A : Any person passing a Paramedical Courses from a College or an Institution in India and recognized by the state government or Paramedical Council of India shall be eligible to become member of the Paramedical Council of India.
B : Any person acquiring qualification to practice paramedics from an Institution in Indian which is not recognized by Paramedical Council of India and foreign trained paramedics from school not recognized Paramedical Council of India shall be eligible to become the member of the Paramedical Council of India on securing approval of Educational Committee for associate membership. The associate member on passing a qualifying examination conducted
by Paramedical Council of India shall become eligible to become ordinary member of Paramedical Council of India.
C :There shall be the following categories of members of the Paramedical Council of India
1. ORDINARY MEMBERS
2. LIFE MEMBERS
3. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
4. HONORARY MEMBERS
1. Ordinary Member : A person qualified to become Ordinary member of Paramedical Council of India who pays Rs.1200/- (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred only) annually shall be deemed to be "An Ordinary Member" of the Paramedical Council of India
2. Life Member : A person qualified to become a member of Paramedical Council of India. Who pays to the Paramedical Council of India Rs.3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand Only) or more shall be deemed to be life member of the Paramedical Council of India
3. Associate Member : Indian Paramedics and foreign trained paramedics form non-recognized schools by Paramedical Council of India on securing approval of Educational Committee shall on payment of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) per annum be enrolled as Associate member of Paramedical Council of India An Associate Member will be eligible to become ordinary/Life member of the Paramedical Council of India. Provided he/she passes an examination conducted by the Paramedical Council of India within three years of him/her becoming Associate Member of the Paramedical Council of India In case an Associate Member fails to pass such examination within three years he/she would cease to be an Associate Member.
4. Honorary Member : Any person who renders distinguished service to the cause of paramedical may on the recommendation of the Central Executive Committee be admitted by the General Body as Honorary Member of the conference.
5. Patron :A person who pays to the Paramedical Council of India a donation of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) or more shall be deemed to be a "Patron" of the Paramedical Council of India
D : Privileges of Members
Persons admitted as Fellows, Life & Ordinary Member only shall be entitled:
a) To be Present, speak and vote at any meeting of the members of Paramedical Council of India on any matter, which may be submitted for its consideration
b) to be elected as an Office bearers or member of the committees of the Paramedical
c) to vote in elections of Office Bearers and members of the Committees
d) to serve on the sub committees appointed by the Central Executive Committee or the General Body of the Paramedical Council of India
e) All members of the Paramedical Council of India shall be entitled to receive official communication of the Paramedical Council of India
E. A Member shall cease to be a member of the PMCI if he or she:
a) Resigns his/her membership by giving written notice to the secretary OR
b) Dies or becomes lunatic, or of unsound mind or otherwise becomes incapable of acting as a member OR
c) Is adjusted in solvent or convicted of an offence involving mortal turpitude. OR
d) Fails to pay any arrears of subscription for a period of more than 24 months after the same become due.
e) Is disqualified from membership by the General Body of Paramedical Council of India by a resolution passed with 2/3rd majority of the members present and voting for activities injurious or detrimental to Paramedical Council of India provided, he or she is given and opportunity to explain the conduct complaint against him/her in the resolution. All notices of meetings shall be sent to the latest registered address of every member under certificate of posting issued by the postal authorities which shall be deemed to be conducive evidence of the service of notice to the members. A member who has not furnished his/her address shall not be entitled to receive any notice.
CANCELLATION OF THE REGISTRATION OR MEMBERSHIP
The Council may cancel the membership under the following clause:
1. VIOLATION OF CODES : If authentic reports against the member of violating the code of conduct, regulations and ethics of the Council, that is affecting the principles and reputation of the Paramedical Science. The member shall be given an opportunity to defend his act before inquiring the matter by the governing body. The member shall be given a written notice for the cancellation with reasons for the same.
2. RESIGN VOLUNTARILY : If the member resigns voluntarily in written, with a reasonable ground.
3. DUES UNCLEARED WITHIN THE PRESCRIBED DATE : If the member fails to pay the due amount within a deadline. The member has to renew his/her membership with his own willingness.
4. NATURAL CIRCUMSTANCES : If the member has been reported to be no longer living.
5. CONVICTED GUILTY BY COURT :If the member is reported guilty and convicted by the court to be criminally involved.
RULES AND REGULATION
THE COUNCIL MEMBERS
The Central Council shall consist of the following active members in their Governing Body:
• The President, to be appointed amongst the members, by the election of candidates.
• The Vice President, to be appointed by the President, amongst the members of the Council.
• The General Secretary, to be appointed by the President amongst the members of the Council, shall be the chief executive officer.
• The Assistant Secretary, to be appointed by the President, amongst the members of the Council.
• The Treasurer, to be appointed by the President, amongst the members of the Council.
• 16 Executives, representing the State Branches, to be appointed by the Vice-President.
• 5 Executives, amongst the trainers or teachers of the Paramedical Sciences, to be elected from the State or Central Branch members by the 16 Executives.
• Special Committee, consisting of the President, the Vice-President and 5 Jury members, to be appointed by the President amongst the Council members who are unbiased.
• Special Inspectors, appointed by the President and Vice-President, amongst the 10 best candidates elected by the Council members.
Term in Office.
• A member shall hold an office for 5 consecutive years.
• A member shall be notified to vacate his/her office if found absent in 4 consecutive Governing Body meetings, without valid reason.
• The post shall be filled in with a new member appointed in similar way as the previous, but shall hold the office for the rest of the term
Governing Body Meetings.
• Each State Branches shall meet at a specific time and place, previously notified, to discuss the objectives of the Council and the methods to achieve them.
• The President shall preside over the meeting. In his/her absence it will be presided over by the Vice-President.
• In the absence of both of them any member chosen by the Governing Body shall preside over the meeting.
• All the queries shall be solved with the acceptance of the majority members in the favor of the judgment. In case of equal votes the member presiding shall cast a vote in previous, which shall otherwise go in vain.
• All the proceedings or clause discussed in the meeting shall be accounted by Assistant Secretary.
• All orders, notifications and decisions of a Central office has to be duly signed by the President or any member in his absence, who is empowered for the same.
Each State Branch shall have a Convener/Head who are vested with the powers to accept application, conduct training, and look after all the administrative works in association with executives, appointed by him/her with previous notification to the Central Office.
The State Branch mainly shall maintain registers for the registered members; determine the standards of the education and training. It should maintain a professional conduct or ethics of Paramedics. It should receive Grants, Gifts etc. in favor of the council.
APPROVAL OF RECOGNITION
• The applicant for the recognition shall apply in prescribed format and send it to the Central or nearest State Office.
• The Institute should not start with the training before receiving any intimidation from the Council.
• If the application is rejected, it shall be duly notified to the applicant with the reason in written.
• The applicant should check with the Council norms for recognition of study centre before applying.
• The Inspector shall inspect the Institute applying for recognition and any recognized Institute that is already conducting trainings.
• The Inspector shall attend any approved examinations without interfering with the conduct of the examination; the reports on the inspection shall be given to the State Office duly furnished about the minimum requirements for conducting a training programmed, to maintain a standard of education of Paramedical Science.
• The State Office shall forward the same to the central office for reviewing.
• If the Central Office finds the application nit with conformity with the regulations of the Council, it shall be cancelled or withdrawn, as the case may be.